Textbook Information for Faculty
The Maverick Store is the only one-stop source of information for Colorado Mesa course materials. The only way we can obtain accurate information is by working closely with faculty, through a process known as adoption. Although students may choose to purchase materials elsewhere, they still rely on the bookstore for reliable information.
We look forward to working with you. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help.
Textbook AdoptionTextbook and Course Material Adoption DeadlinesJanuary Term • October (exact date TBA)Spring Semester • October (exact date TBA)Summer Sessions • March (exact date TBA)Fall Semester • March (exact date TBA) Why so early?The Maverick Store asks for course material adoptions twice each year: once in October and once in March. Having information early allows us to begin researching titles and sourcing used books.
- If there is a problem with a title, we can communicate with faculty and resolve the matter well in advance of classes beginning.
- We can begin sourcing used books. Despite the increasing availability of alternate-format textbooks, used books are still the best value for students. We purchase books from our own students during finals week through our Buyback program. We also purchase books from several national wholesalers, as well as the open market, to ensure we have as many used book as possible.
- Students demand course material information early. We must be ready to sell books in our store or online at least three weeks before classes begin.
When filling out your textbook order form (used for course materials as well), please keep in mind the following:
- Submit a new order form for each semester or term. We do not know if information changes (or doesn’t change) unless you tell us.
- Submit order forms even if no texts are required. We provide that information to students through our website and on our shelves.
- Submit orders on time. We need time to research information and to begin sourcing used books. If you are undecided on materials at the deadline, let us know you are still undecided. Accurate information is just as important as timely information.
- If you are ordering a Course Pack, it is imperative that you submit your order on time. Copyright clearance and printing can take a considerable length of time.
- Note materials as Required or Recommended as they are listed on the course syllabus. Both students and the bookstore make financial decisions based on what items are “must have” and what items are more discretionary.
- List the components of any bundles you may be ordering. Also list the individual ISBN’s, and whether the components are Required or Recommended. We need to ensure the correct components are included in the bundle, and be able to sell the components separately, if requested. We may also be able to offer used versions or alternate format versions to save your students money.
- List any alternate-format versions you may be recommending to your students. If you would like to offer your students the choice of using an electronic version of your text, let us know. We can supply that information to your students, and we can stock the access codes.
- Include any additional required/recommended supplies on the order form. If your students will need to have any items beyond customary school supplies, we will need to ensure we have the correct items in adequate quantities to meet your students needs.
Rental Program for Faculty
Faculty can also rent textbooks. Stop by the store for more information.